FrostAlert - Early warning frost detection and alarm system
FrostAlert™ early warning frost detection system helps prevent damage to crops and gives peace of mind by providing an early warning alarm of impending frost conditions. Instead of the requirement to wake up every few hours to check the outside temperature FrostAlert™ early warning system will activate an audible and visual alarm when the temperature in the field falls below a programmable set-point. The FrostAlert™ frost warning system has switched outputs that can be used to turn on watering for fogging system for a programmable period to help lower risk of damage to crops as a result of frost.
Click to hear more about Frost Alert Early Frost Detection system
The Frost Alert™ system consists of one or more remote sensor units that are installed at locations where the temperature requires monitoring. The remote unit can be located up to several km away from the house and is typically powered by a renewable energy source such as a solar panel. The remote temperature monitoring unit and sends regular temperature update information to a base station located in the house or shed.
The base unit receives periodic temperature information from the remote units and compares the received values with the user-programmable trip temperature (temperature where alarm is activated). Typically the trip temperature is set slightly above frost point (2 or 3 degrees Celsius) in order to give plenty of warning before a frost condition occurs. In event that an alarm is activated, a watering or fog system can be used to help prevent damage by the impending frost conditions.
The alarm will automatically reset when the temperature rises 1 degree Celsius above the programmed trip temperature.
The system has built-in monitoring of the Radio link between the house and remote temperature sensing unit and will activate an alarm if the communication link is not healthy. The battery voltage in the remote unit is also monitored and will cause an alarm condition if the battery voltage gets too low.
The system is also available in GSM version that sends text alarm message directly up to 5 mobile phone numbers when the temperature falls below the user-programmable set-point. The user can send a text command by mobile phone to the system at any time to request current temperature and battery voltage.
- Reliable instant alarm before frost strikes your crops
- Option for direct alert to your mobile phone
- Low power remote detection units run from renewable energy sources such as solar panel
- No ongoing running costs or monitoring charges
- Programmable temperature set point accurate to 0.1 Degrees Celsius
- Easy to install and operate
- Battery backed base station unit operates if power failure
- Remote units are monitored continually to ensure healthy communications link
- Remote Unit battery voltage monitored at base unit
- Built durable and robust to provide ongoing reliable performance
- IP66 Water and Sut ingtress protection, UV Stable
- 3 years warranty
FrostAlert system with local Base unit/alarm in House
FrostAlert system with direct GSM alert to mobile phone
- Material: Heavy Duty Polycarbonate
- Rating : IP66 Water and Dust-Proof
- Mount in Direct Sunlight : YES (UV stable)
- Dimensions :290mm x 190mm x 140mm
- Mounting Feet : YES
- Suitable for mounting Indoors or Outdoors
- Has enough room for mounting Regulator and backup battery for Solar Power supply option
- Power Supply 12/24V DC or AC
- Hinged Door access with padlock facility